Yesterday, it was my 2 year blogging anniversary and it literally started with a BANG. At 8am in the morning, the builders arrived to perform their magic on our downstairs reception and my new to be studio. I can’t tell you what a relief it’s been to actually have someone start work on this, and I am really looking forward to having our front 2 rooms ready in time for winter and the Christmas season.
So, it’s been 2 years since I started writing about my journey and transition into a more creative life. It started off with a chance click over to an On-line Blogging Your Way course by the legendary author and blogger Holly Becker of Decor8 and from the first post I wrote, I have loved it and has become an integral part of my life.
When people ask me why I blog, I find at times it is difficult to articulate what it is about blogging that is so wonderful. So I thought I’d try to write down a list of the reasons why I blog in no particular order:
- It pushes me to do better and take risks. I’m always thinking about the next exciting thing I can blog about which in turn pushes me to go out and find it.
- I’m part of a fabulous community. My friends and readers who take the time to read my posts, leave a comment, encourage and support me through social media, help me to keep going especially when I’ve had a tough day.
- Writing helps me to analyse what it is that I want to articulate about a particular topic and share my opinions and thoughts.
- Writing helps me to practise the words I want to say to clients. Funnily enough, when I am on-site with a client, I am better able to verbalise what I want to say because I have written about it. I’m not sure why.
- It makes me accountable. I feel a responsibility to do better because I have an audience.
- It has become not only my diary, but a portfolio of work and a reflection of my true aesthetic that has lead to work on projects that I really enjoy.
- It has put me in contact with other very talented creatives in the industry that I look up to and never ever thought I’d be able to interact with in real life.
- I have met and made friends with the most wonderful blogger’s all over the world.
As I look back on the past year, my drive for experience has lead on an unexpected course. On a professional perspective, I’ve managed to complete 2 bathroom renovations, do some professional styling for a talented textile designer and start a Design Studio. I don’t think these things would have happened within such a short time without having a blog.
So for the next year of blogging, I’m going to focus on the continuation of my journey through experience, creating a studio, sharing my learnings & as a special request by my lovely blog friend Monika from Secret Garden Home, I will be sharing some parts of my home with you.
A special thank you to all of my readers and friends on helping me get this far. It’s only because of your comments, encouragement and support that I’ve been able to get this far. I thank you from the bottom on my heart.
Till next time, xD
P.S. A new year, means a new moodboard for the site. What do you think?
Image Source: pinterest